Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Nesting Hedgehog

Home Forums Champions’ chat Nesting Hedgehog

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hello all, over the past few evenings our Hedgehog has been busy building a nest inside the Hogitat. We have been leaving out twigs, leafs and moss to which the hedgehog has been putting to good use. Is there anything else I could be doing to help along the hedgehog? I should have mentioned before now that we do have a separate food station and plenty of water at hand. Any advice would be appreciated. Robert

Hi Roberto, sounds like you are doing all the right things. I know hogs are very fussy about their house building and like to put their own bedding in place – which does need to be dry, otherwise it causes them other problems.
    If you are able to make sure a dry supply of bedding material is available – they do like hay and straw also as a topping to their bedding if you wanted to provide a dry supply and see how that goes – you will need to remove it as a source though if it gets wet, as even if it dries out again it increases respiratory issues for them once it has been wet.
    fingers crossed for him!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog