Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

New hedgehog house

Home Forums Hedgehog tales New hedgehog house

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Myself and my husband bought a cctv camera, the first day my husband was looking back see if it had picked anything up and there was a hedgehog on the front road, so we bought a camera for the back garden and once again the hedgehog was there that night. My husband made a house out of wood that he bought and put some bedding in it and we left some puppy food and water out and the night after there had been something in the house and food had gone . We looked at the camera and again the hedgehog was there. We see him/her every night now and not just on the camera We have 2 small dogs but be have fenced the dogs so they cannot get anywhere near . I look forward every night to the hedgehog turning up.

Hi cazw66, welcome to the forum.

Sounds good. Maybe put some bedding material in the vicinity of the house also as they often like to bring in their own material. I put a couple of small planks against the side of my hog house (to keep the rain off) and stuffed a load of hay underneath for them to use, my resident hog also steals bedding material from the other hog house which is not currently being used. I put a mixture of straw, hay and dried leaves in the hog houses which they seem to like. Your hog may be building a hibernacula to hibernate in over the winter.

Maybe get a wildlife camera if you want to see some closer up footage of the hog.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog