Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

new hedgehog sightings

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings new hedgehog sightings

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

hello i live in ewhurst surrey been living back here for 4 years now …..and after being told that HH’s do” not” live in our village on my local community board …..i have 2 ….and one has definately slept in the HH house for one night at least …i have been feeding for past year i knew i had a small fox so was feeding him /her ….but then seriously started sprinkling tesco kitten chicken biscuits (as advised by a HH group i joined ) all over the lawn each night …was finding loads of poos this past month virtually every night ….but last night my neighbour across the road set up her trail camera and i saw them for the very first time ….they visit her garden as well so so blessed to have finally see my hogs as well as all the poos x

Nic

Hi toadpole58

That’s really good news. So pleased for you.

You may already be leaving water out as well, but in case not, it’s really important for them. It’s sometimes really difficult for them to find and they do tend to drink a fair bit. So it’s a good idea to leave water out all day every day, just in case a hog is desperate for a drink. Wide but shallow plant saucers are ideal.

Good luck and happy hog watching!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog