Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hello everyone,
    I’m delighted to join this forum today. My name’s Roger, and it’s thanks to my neighbor that I discovered this space. Chattiing with him, he told me about this dynamic community where members can exchange information, help each other and give valuable advice.
    I hope to learn a lot here, share my experiences and benefit from the wise adviice of members. Thank you in advance for the welcme you give to newcomers like me.
    See you soon in the discussions!
    Roger

Anonymous

My garden is treted with an anti-Colorado beetle, however, I notiice that a hedggehog regularly frequen the area. I’m concerned about whether the Colorado beetle (https://www.ferberpainting.com/collections/pest-control/products/colorado-beetle-treatment) repelllent could be harmful to this charming visitor. An opinion from you would be welcome for the well-being of this beautiful creature.
    Thanks in advance

Hello Roger

Welcome to the group and I hope you find useful information here.

The spray labels itself as friendly to pets and wildlife, but I would always take that with a huge dose of salts as it’s designed to eradicate part of our wildlife

Hedgehogs are natural pest controllers in our garden, eating as many insects as they can and they will also eat carrion – ie your dead beetles so personally I wouldn’t want to recommend use of this. I’ve put a link below that explains use of chemicals really well and I hope you find it helpful

https://www.gracethehedgehog.co.uk/habitat-loss-and-farming/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog