Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

New to group thought I'd share

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings New to group thought I'd share

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi Guys and Girls,

Just thought I’d post here to share with fellow hedgehog fans.
    About 3 months ago my daughter and I noticed a large hedgehog gathering for a nest under our decking, my daughter (5 years old) was understandably excited, as was I, I think it’s great to get children into nature, so excited she was she asked me to build a hog house. Being a carpenter by trade I could not resist, the house is pictured below.

After about 3 weeks of feeding the hog, it seemed to disappear, we were a little disappointed, but…. After a week, the hog returned! and along with it at least 2 babies!! They are now in our garden nearly all night every night, I have hundreds of videos from inside the hog house, but thought I’d link a couple here for you guys.

Enjoy!

John White.

Hog House
    House
    Hedgehog
    Babies

Not sure if those links are working… I’m not the best at this forum posting!

Hi John, it’s tech, not much good at that either. So, well done at making the Hedgehog house and filming the hogs. Your little girl must love the hogs and now it’s getting darker at night she will maybe see them. Don’t know if you’ve made a feeding station yet, but there’s plenty of pictures in the gallery of hedgehog st to get some ideas and I’m sure if you can download some pictures onto the gallery we would all like to see them. Best wishes.

Nic

Hi John

Welcome to the Forum! That’s so lovely that your daughter has got you building a hog house. The photo of the hog house came out o.k. when I clicked on it – looks very de luxe! Lucky hogs.

The other images, not sure about – it seemed to want me to download them, which I’m not keen on doing, so didn’t try – limited broadband – I prefer photos, which use less. If images are elsewhere on the internet, people usually just put the link on here. You can also put photos on the gallery via the home page, if you wish.

It’s brilliant that the hog there has had hoglets. You are so lucky. I’m guessing they must be fairly well grown by now. Good luck with them all and happy hogwatching.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog