Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

New to hedgehogs

Home Forums Champions’ chat New to hedgehogs

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi well i am new to hedgehogs always loved them but by a fluke i now have 4 using the garden i look after i am trying to sell my house as i have 3 labradors my son suggested i rent the flat next door, his garden meets another piece of of land that ends at a gate leading to an alleyway ,the lovely lady who owns the land said i could use it for an allotment this is the start of a beautiful friendship the hogs i mean they come in from the gate it has a small hole at the bottom i started to feed them its lovely of a summers evening about 9 to see them going round having a drink eating the hog food i bought my friends made me a lovely hog house really strong also bought one but they don’t use them. Its sad since i moved in we have found 4 hedgehogs injured within 6miles of were we lived so far not one has survivded haven’t seen them for a while hoping there Hibernating

Nic

Hi Mukkypup

It’s lovely to hear about the hedgehogs in the garden there. Don’t worry too much about the houses. Sometimes they take a while to get used to them before they start using them. Sorry to hear that the injured hedgehogs didn’t survive, but hopefully the others will do better with the help of your supplementary feeding. Most hedgehogs will be hibernating now, although there are a few here and there still holding out. Hopefully you’ll see some again in the Spring.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog