Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

No hedgehog activity whatsoever

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings No hedgehog activity whatsoever

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi
    Does anybody have the same problem as me?
    I live near a nature reserve, and have a feeding station in my front garden at all times, one hedgehog used to coke religiously, but I haven’t seen him in two who months despite food always being out, not only that not even another hog has turned up at all.
    Always a full bowl, and no footage on the camera whatsoever
    Thanks 🙂

BLT

Have a look around the neightbour hood, their home might of been disturbed? I asked a neighbour who was clearing their newly purchased overgrown yard if they’d seen a nest etc? I had a similar issue but I made my rear yard cat proof, now they are back

I wish it was as easy as that, but the local nests are located in the hedgerows of the country park and the local hedgehogs don’t stay in the neighbourhood but rather visit from walking out of the park and using the pavements and roads to travel but the hogs aren’t finding my feed station anymore 🙁

Nic

Hi Roccoryan2008

The important thing is that the hedgehogs have sufficient suitable habitat for their needs. The only reason for us to offer them food is to supplement that where there is not sufficient habitat for their needs. From what you say, there is lots of good habitat around, so it may be that there is no need for them to visit your garden. If that is the case, it sounds like an ideal scenario from the hedgehogs’ point of view if they are able to live more naturally without human interferance. A natural diet has to be better for them than any artificial food which we could offer.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog