Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

No Hedgehogs on our Lane anymore

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings No Hedgehogs on our Lane anymore

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

We always had hedgehogs on our off road lane up till about 5 years ago. Since then I haven’t seen any. There is plenty of ground cover, woodland and water. The gardens are natural and no neighbours use slug pellets. The gardens are only partially fenced…access for hedgehogs unhindered. I have two hedgehog houses and a feeder. I still put out food and water…but no hedgehogs come. Field behind our house is grazed by sheep in Winter and cattle in Summer. No chemicals used on the field. Why don’t we have hedgehogs anymore?

Nic

Hi MaisieMeg

Sorry to hear the hedgehogs there have all disappeared. Sadly they are apparenetly not doing so well in the countryside these days. It sounds as if you are doing the right things, so just have to hope that they begin to return.

Although, do you by any chance have badgers around as hedgehogs often choose to leave areas where there are badgers.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog