Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Not sure how many hogs I have got .. recommend a camera pse

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Not sure how many hogs I have got .. recommend a camera pse

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Morning
    I started to post last year, I found a hog in my garden, and gave it some dry cat biscuits and apple. It kept coming.
    I bought a little house and spikes foor dishes bowls etc.
    They vanished all winter.. snoozing,, but I kept filling a water bowl and putting out on warm days early spring.. it all went.
    The last few weeks they are eating everything I put out and drinking loads.. I saw three of them last night .. they seemed to want to attack my Hosta plants.. maybe looking for tasty morsels..Once it goes dark I cant see any more so am thinking of a little camera.
    Not well off so if anyone could suggest something cheap that I could link to my old computer it would be great.
    What with hogs and birds feeding its going to be an expensive summer.. but lots of fun.. I notices they like pears I hope thats OK for them.

Have a look on Amazon, they have a wide range of cameras at good prices, if you check the reviews it may help you decide.

We use a Crenova Trailcam. It only cost us £70 in 2018 and we get great video with it.
    Motion activated and with infra red for night video – great value for money.
    Good luck 🤞🏼

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog