Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

now we are confused….

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings now we are confused….

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

jan

Now we are a bit confused. Last week we had two hogs in the garden, Ralph our usual visitor and another, smaller one with a lighter face and blonde skirt. The smaller one was making lots of noise, huffing and puffing with Ralph following it around, this went on for about three hours. I thought they were a mating pair, I know its late in the season but it seemed feasible. Ralph moved out of his house, but we watched him come into the garden every night as normal. Last night two were in the garden again, one came from the opposite side of the garden where we have put another house with bedding. I thought at the weekend that it was being lived in. There was much huffing and puffing again, with the samller one turning poor Ralph (who is a big hog) oer time and time again. Once more this went on for a few hours, nose to tail. Ralph was out feeding last night well before it was dark, then joined by the other one… Over the past few nights Ralph has come and fed hung around for 20-30 minutes the gone to the back of the garden Now, tonight, Ralph was in the feeding station by half past eight, it was still very light out, he had a good feed then legged it in the direction of the new house. I know they dont usually come out in daylight unless they are ill, but I am wondering if ‘Ralph’ has hogglets, any one got any ideas??

8.30 is not at all unusual here, in fact the other evening we had brazen smut going on on the lawn at 8.30!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog