Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Numerous Hedgehogs visiting my garden feeding station.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Numerous Hedgehogs visiting my garden feeding station.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I so love all the hedgehogs calling into my garden, all night long. I cant count them all but I can tell there are at 10 of them every night.
    From my sweet little one, miss prinkles, who is now twice the size since she first moved into Hedgehog house, med to the large, what I call Big Daddy.
    I love them all.
    But can anyone advise on a safe way, on how I can freshen up my decking & pathways please? My husband is complaining of the very strong Hedgehog wee as soon as you step outside back door.
    Can you use a weak solution of Jeyes fluid?

Nic

Hi Dido

It’s good to hear you have lots of hogs visiting. Someone complaining about the smell of hedgehog wee is a new one! I wonder whether it is cats weeing that is causing the problem.

But, personally, I would not use chemicals. If you clear up the poos regularly and wash any paving/path down with water, that should be sufficient.

Hi Nic, oh yes, it does smell. Hedgehog wee smells completely different to cat wee. It has a “fragrance” all of its own. In fact I found another spot today, right in front of the garage door! I found some hot water and some washing up liquid, or stardrops in the water was enough along with a brush to sweep the flags. J’s Fluid is rather strong and even people complain about that smell, so poor hogs would probably pass out! Best wishes.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog