Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

OMG just bursting with excitement

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings OMG just bursting with excitement

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Have had the pleasure of Hoggy visiting since July, every evening for his supper. I’ve been known to sit outside (iPad for additional company, until Hoggy arrives!) until 2-3am. Being tired is so worth it. Yesterday I saw who I thought was Hoggy scamper into his Hog House, at midnight & was still there this morning. I was over the moon that he is happy, with his house that was lovingly made for him. Tonight, Partner said he’d seen Hoggy outside, I checked Hog House, he was snug as a bug. Turned around to go in & I just exploded with squeals of delight! OMG I was looking at Hoggy, & inside house, was a different Hedgehog. I can not discribe the excitement & can only imagine being this excited if I’d won the lottery. I’m on cloud 9 of happiness x

Good grief I can feel the excitement from here. Welcome to your new addiction!

Nic

Hi Mrs. Tiggy Winky

I agree with William C about feeling the excitement from here. Really pleased for you.

The only thing I would suggest is to try to contain your excitement, now you know there is a hog in the box, and not open it, in case you disturb him/her. You are very lucky that a hog has decided to use it. Lucky hog too.

I hope you continue to enjoy watching the hogs. It certainly does sound as if you are addicted already! I can feel some more late nights coming on.

I know what you mean when you couldn’t be any more excited if you’d had a big win on the lottery. I used to sit outside with my iPad waiting for them to turn up, & then decided to invest in cctv. I can now check & sneak out when he’s there. I love the fact that I have a hedgehog nesting near my back door (in the cats kennel) and I believe another one close by under the hedge. I now have 3 hedgehog houses but only one chooses to live in luxury. They are both huge so I don’t think there is going to be a problem when they go into hibernation.
    I hope you have many more pleasurable evenings 🙂

Hi Annie

Nic told me there was another hog using a cat kennel, last year we had Harriet using ours for months, just as a refuge at night between foraging & occasional bed for the day. Unfortunately she didn’t return this year but it was so exciting when she was here, I understand how you feel!

Mrs Tiggy Winky
    I also am bursting with excitement for you, it is such a wonderful fulfilling feeling when you do see them in YOUR garden.
    Well done to you for all your doing to encourage them in , may it long continue ….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog