Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Our first ever hoglet

Home Forums Hedgehog tales Our first ever hoglet

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

We spotted our first ever hoglet on the cameras last night.

Fingers crossed he/she becomes a regular visitor. I’m guessing there’s no easy way to know whether it’s a boy or a girl ?

Click here for hoglet video

Thanks in advance,

how lovely to see hoglet – you are so lucky. My visitors so far are all adults but I check the trailcam every morning in hope.

Congratulations on your hoglet!
    Fantastic film. Your hedgie house looks very inviting too.

I have just seen two babies on camera In my garden as well so I’m also really pleased. They looked so small against the larger hogs and spent most of their time in the food dish!
    I feel blessed.🦔🦔

Agree with Lindyloo. it all looks lovely. I noticed a very small hedgehog had joined our usual group about a week ago and has been back every night since. I am pretty sure it is a hoglet. My first view ever! Trail cams are wonderful things aren’t they? Picked up lots of hedgehog mating action earlier on so would be surprised if no hoglets had resulted. I feel so so lucky to be able to see into the lives of my lovely hedgies. They do make me laugh.

Update:

The hoglet (we’ve named her Jemima – previously Junior) is definitely female, and we know this because she had our local male hog (Hector) circling her about a month ago.

She’s doing well, is nearly as big as Helga (our original hog from last year)

So we now have three regular night time visitors, and we have three huts (none occupied at the moment because of the warm weather.

🦔🦔🦔

Congratulations!!! Your hoglet looks like he/she is making themselves at home. Good luck!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog