Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Our first visitor spotted

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Our first visitor spotted

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

We are so pleased to have spotted our first hog visitor, we are quite rural and have been working on making our garden wildlife friendly over the past year. The kids have loved creating nature corners, wildlife meadow walks and we have also moved our compost pile to a more secluded spot of the garden so we hope that this is the first of many. Tomorrow’s project is now a feeding station after seeing all the great ideas here on hedgehog street. 🦔

IMG_5250.jpeg

Nic

Hi Yorkshirehogs

That all sounds really brilliant. So pleased to hear the whole family has been involved and enjoyed making your garden wildlife friendly. It’s such a rewarding thing to do. I hope you all enjoy watching all the wildlife now.

Hope the feeding station making went well.

Fingers crossed for lots more hog visitors. Happy hog watching!

Hi Yorkshire Hogs, you mention being quite rural. I’ve recently signed up on behalf of the hedgehogs of LS6. We are less than a mile from Leeds city centre, and with a breeding population. This evening I saw 4 different hedgies 3 juvenile and one adult within 50 metres (and I think there were more). So we are in very different locations, but united in Yorkshire by a love of hedgehogs.
    LS6hedgies.

Hi yorkshire hog.
    I too am in North Yorkshire, near Malton, I have hogs coming in my garden after making two highways for them, one in the front and one in the rear garden. I am on the outskirts of the town and we back onto a school sports field, with farmland not too far away. I have one large one and one smaller one, but cant really distinguish if they are the same ones! We have just made a feeding station out of an old storage box so I hope they use it ok. First night tonight!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog