Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Over-wintering hoglets – which bedding!

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog Over-wintering hoglets – which bedding!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Looking for advice please, am fostering and over-wintering two hoglets, and wondering what type of bedding other carers use? They are in individual cages and am currently using shredded paper, but the supply given to me from the rescue centre is running low and I’ve had a hard time finding more! Many companies are so security conscious that all paper is sent to designated shredding companies (whose processes are automated and hence unable to supply the amount I need), and many others are working towards a ‘paperless’ workplace (which is good, if a bit frustrating!)

I use hay
    You could also try your local newsagents and see what they do with old papers

Hi,
    I’m using hay and dried leaves, there are lots of leaves on the ground now so an endless supply and we dry them near the boiler.
    Good luck

I use hay, Morrisons is quite cheap and I’m noticing now the little ones come out of their nest to go rather than soil their nest, always seem to come out just after I’ve renewed the newspaper on the floor :O

Thank you all, sorry for late reply. I’ve been able to source shredded paper from friends and local businesses.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog