Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Party Night

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Party Night

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I think all our local hedgehogs decided to visit our garden last night, between 8.30 last night and 4.00 am we had over 50 (20 second) shots on our trail camera. There were several fights in the food box, and outside. one hog in particular is very aggressive towards any others that comes near. We identified 5 different hedgehogs last night. But there may have been more, there were so many comings and goings. Do you think I should set up another feeding station in a different location?

Hi Hollydog86. It is always useful to have more than one feeding station in the garden. Especially if you have several visitors. I have five all over my gardens, and it do save some argy bargy. Not all. So I would say put down another one or two, and space them well apart. The hedgehogs will find them. Thing is you might want to invest in another trail cam. I have four at the present and use three nightly.

Willpar.

Hi William. I think that may be a good idea, I was thinking of getting another camera, but I have to use boxes for the food, as we have several cats which regularly visit our garden, I think they are attracted by the long tailed mice which like to steal the hedgehog food. I have a hedgehog house which they do not use, I may put food in that, which is located in a different area. Thank you for your advice

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog