Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

People painting on the hedgehogs

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings People painting on the hedgehogs

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I’m so angry but I don’t know who is doing this to the hedgehogs which come into my garden every night! Someone is putting marks on the hedgehogs spines, one of them is covered in white dots, another has a huge diagonal stripe on its back then last night another appeared with a huge circle on its backend! Are people stupid? I’m hoping this doesn’t harm them 😫

Could you post any pictures or video footage?

Bassman, how do you post pictures and videos? I don’t see any way to upload files.

Nic

Hi Rob Clark

If you have photos already elsewhere on the internet, you can add a link here. Alternatively you can put them on the Gallery here on Hedgehog Street – accessed via the home page. Or https://www.hedgehogstreet.org/gallery/

Nic

Hi Granny Edie

So sorry to hear the hogs there have been excessively marked. So unkind to the hogs. It’s debateable whether it can do them any harm or not. It probably depends, what is used, how smelly it is and how much is used.

BHPS say re. marking:
    We’re pretty sure a hedgehog would rather not be marked, but if you are going to do it, please do ensure that you use a non-toxic water-based marker and mark just a few spines of the hedgehog. ….
    (See FAQs on BHPS site for more)

Sorry I don’t have any photos or videos

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog