Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

phew – Calvin and Sweetpea could have ended up in a really bad rescue centre

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog phew – Calvin and Sweetpea could have ended up in a really bad rescue centre

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

The night I rescued Calvin, I rang the hospital first (where Calvin is now, and answerphone said that they are temporarily closed) so I rang another one just as far away as the one I like – but, thankfully, they didn’t get back to me – instead I got a call back from the first one, and she took Calvin in and then Sweetpea a week later (after a poo sample).

Just reading up about the one who never got back to me, they might have closed last year as no updates on their facebook since aug 18, and anyway, people who bring hedgehogs in, they ring them up, text and email them to find out how things are going, and they rarely get back to them, even after 2 years later, people still want to know how the hedgehogs are, – and they don’t release back to the areas they came from. They’ve got a place there own place they use – and also they kept some of their hedgehogs outside in hutches due to be released (which is ok), but then someone stole all of them – and perhaps after that they might have closed as there was no more updates after that incident.

Thank God they didn’t get back to me, if they are still open.

There facebook page is full of different people asking about the hedgehogs they bought in, and they don’t even respond back to them, not even to say ‘it’s ok’ or ‘it’s pts’

On one reply, they just replied back ‘it’s not your hedgehog it’s wild, if you haven’t heard from us it probably didn’t make it.’

The response was just so lacking of empathy.

They might be wild, but it doesn’t stop us from loving them and wanting to know about their welfare.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog