Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Poison and wildlife

Home Forums Champions’ chat Poison and wildlife

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Someone has poisoned a rat and it’s dying in my garden, help I don’t know what to do.

Nic

Hi Paula

I suspect the poor rat is dead by now. I had one a while back. I’m not keen on rats, but felt very sorry for that one and found it quite upsetting. But there was nothing I could do, but leave it to die in peace.

Once, it’s dead, the best thing to do is to put it out with your refuse collection. (I was told to do that many years ago by our local council. So still follow that advice). Just hope it isn’t too long till your next collection. Unfortunately mine had just gone the day before so the poor dead rat was in the shed for nearly 2 weeks. I would double bag it. I eventually needed to triple bag the one here, because it started to smell even through 2 bags.

But best not to leave it lying around outside just in case something else tries to eat it. I used newspaper to pick it up as well as wearing gloves. So it was wrapped in newspaper inside the bags.

Good luck.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog