Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Poo question

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Poo question

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi, I am new to hedgehogs as I have recently moved house and have them in the garden, we have made a feeding station, and put in hedgehog food each night which gets eaten. And we have a trail cam showing them there. I regularly see ‘normal’ hegehog poo around the garden (ie firm) but just recently poo in the hedgehog house does not look healthy, it is liquid. Should I be worried it is sick, and is there any food I can offer to help it get well?

Hi Becky,
    liquid poo doesn’t sound good, is it a semi runny black poo like tar, or completely liquid? as you know hedgehogs can get parasites or it could be a food intolerance or slug pellet poisoning. what are you feeding them and giving them to drink? Do your hedgehogs look unhealthy on the trail cam. i would call a hedgehog rescue centre for advice.
    good luck

Thanks for reply. I would say more like tar. I feed hedgehog food and water.
    The look ok on the cam.

Nic

Hi BeckyWL

It would be a good idea to follow Baldwin hedgehog’s suggestion and contact a local hedgehog rescue for advice. You should be able to get a number of your local ‘rescue’ from BHPS 01584 890801.

Tar like runny poo does not sound normal and you can’t always tell a hog is unwell just by looking at it, especially on a cam.

Good luck

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog