Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Positive News

Home Forums Champions’ chat Positive News

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Last month I posted that 2 of my visitors had sadly been killed on the road on the same night. Devastated , as we had them visit for many years . This week we have had two adults on wildlife cam and last night two little ones !!!!!,Hope they survive keep leaving water and biscuits , ps wildlife camera from Aldi very hit and miss great photos when its works ! but this is a replacement , very disappointing , might need to up grade , and i purchasd lithium batteries

Nic

Hi 1peanutbutter

Great news about the hogs. Especially hoglets as well! Brilliant. Hope they all do well.

Fabulous news , 2 adults and 3 hoglets, still visiting and tonight there is one large hog in a hedgehog house, think we need to make another one !

Nic

That’s brilliant! You are so lucky having 3 hoglets visiting. Yes, maybe another hog house (or few) would come in handy!

Great news! So blessed to have so many spiked visitors .
    I use to have two in my garden, although big bruiser disappeared some weeks ago. Hetty remains in her residence under the shed and for the first time tonight I had a hoglet feeding! So excited!
    Happy hog watching! x

It is great news , we have a good sized garden and next door is a very overgrown plot , hoping they all move here as one day the piece of land will go for building ๐Ÿ™
    We have had a large estate that is being built on land that was overgrown for years so think they the hogs have moved across.
    Contacted the building contractor several times about fencing / access for the hogs but no reply.
    After several e mails over many months the planning office have replied ,saying they are aware of the hogs plight but can’t insist on builders providing hog friendly fencing. However they will visit site and see if there can be gaps left. Not expecting anything to happen , we can but try .

I thought the government had now made it part of planning law for developers to include holes in fences and walls for hedgehog highways? It was announced this summer, so I would keep insisting that highways have to be created in this new development.

https://www.discoverwildlife.com/news/hedgehog-highways-to-be-included-in-new-housing-developments/

Thanks for the info Sam1404 i have contacted developer many times without a reply . I will forward this to the planning officer who did eventually reply !!!!after several months. As this is a site already in progress i’m sure there will be a loophole to exclude them . I will keep on pestering them ๐Ÿ™‚

Good luck, probably best to send to the planning officer anyway as they can surely put pressure on the developer to comply with planning law. Keep us posted on how it goes!
    Sam

Productive weekend , emails to planning officer and my fabulous dad aged 78 made me two wonderful hog hotels, need a wheel barrow to move them , Should last a few years !!!! will try an post pics

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog