Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Possible courtship ?

Home Forums Hedgehog tales Possible courtship ?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I have 3 hogs visit my garden each night and they are always caught on my security camera. Lats night, the 3 were all out together, one on the grass and two were butting each other. There was an obvious winner as the other was butted until it was rolled over onto its back. The footage did make me chuckle. Following that the Victor was circling the hog that was on the grass. The other had gone off somewhere. Is this me being hopeful that they are breeding ?

Hi Pollymanella, yes if you see that circling behaviour they’re definitely interested in breeding! Better look out for some hoglets. Good luck!

Thank you! How exciting ๐Ÿ˜€ I have lived here 27 years and only seen them in the last three years. All three are very chunky and healthy looking. I must be doing something right.
    Hedgehogs

So glad to find this thread. A few nights ago I heard a loud chuffing noise in the garden. It was almost dark but I could just make out 2 hogs on the path. The larger one was circling the smaller and making the chuffing noise. This went on for nearly an hour! I was worried that it was some sort of territorial dispute but from what you’ve said above I’m happy to hear that it sounds more like it was a mating ritual. Yay. ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog