Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

RATS!

Home Forums Champions’ chat RATS!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone.

Only just joined. I’ve fed hedgehogs on and off over the years. Where I live now there is a problem with rats. I’ve had to modify my bird feeders to reduce seed etc. falling to the ground which attracted the rats. My neighbour called in the pest control. Any suggestions?

Make sure any bait isn’t accessible by hedgehogs

Nic

Hi JaneD

Totally agree with Stef. Make sure the pest control person knows that there are hedgehogs around and that they take appropriate precautions to ensure the hogs can’t get to any bait. Bearing in mind that there may be hoglets around at the moment and that hogs can be surprisingly good climbers.

It’s good that you adapted your bird feeders to stop any seed falling – it’s often bird food that attracts the rats in the first place rather than hedgehog food.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog