Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Restricted movement.

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog Restricted movement.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I have a hedgehog that lives under my shed and which I monitor with a wildlife camera. Prior to my starting feeding it, it would wander both the back and front gardens and beyond. Since feeding it, it now appears to wander from the shed to the adjacent feeding station and back to the shed again. Should I be concerned that my intervention appears to have restricted it’s movement and tendency to forage?

No I wouldn’t worry about it. At this time of year their natural food starts to drop off so they may rely more on supplementary food, however you also don’t know where it goes from the back of your shed – or what it’s finding under the shed.
    As long as you’re feeding a cat or dog food then it will be fine. You are probably just helping it get the weight it needs to survive winter

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog