Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Rio

Home Forums Hedgehog tales Rio

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Currently fostering a 2 week old hoglet rescued from an allotment while they were clearing away bubblewrap and heard a sound. In it were 3 hoglets and Rio was the only survivor. Eyes closed and prickles soft, he was so tiny @ 50 grams. To start with it was feeding every hour by pipette. I slept on the sofa with the hoglet under my t-shirt on my tummy. Every time he woke and ‘chirped’ I fed him again. One week on and we are now feeding every 3 hours and he is ‘full of beans’ although the eyes are yet to open.

Numpty & Nix

Wow, that takes a lot of dedication. Well done to you. Look forward to updates.

What a wonderful, caring thing you are doing. Why were they in bubble wrap?
    Please please let us know how he does.

Awwwwwwwwww… hoglets are very cute, but they do take a lot of looking after. I agree with simbo65, you are very caring.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog