Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Road signs for hedgehogs

Home Forums Champions’ chat Road signs for hedgehogs

• This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Avatar photoNic.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi all,
    After seeing yet another dead hedgehog on my neighbour roads, I’d really like to put up some road signs to draw attention to their presence. Does anyone know what agency I could contact to get permission for this? I’m thinking something like the signs you get on lamposts near schools, asking people to drive carefully. Thanks!

Reckon it might be best to ask BHPS. As a minimum they certainly supply the little green plastic signs and the “Slow down- Hedgehog Area” ones.

K12

Our hedgehog group have permission from the parish council to put up temporary slow down signs. We will be putting them up, once made, between March and November.

Nic

Hi K12

That’s great news about the road signs. I hope they help.

Would it be possible for you to give some details about how your group went about getting agreement for the sign. I’m sure it would be helpful to others who may want to try for one. Thanks.

Good luck with the sign – hopefully nearer to March than November!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog