Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Roaming at lunchtime

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog Roaming at lunchtime

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hello everyone, we have two hoglets (we have seen 3 but think it’s currently just the 2 in our garden). We spotted them several months ago and put out water and cat food and bought them a hedgehog home which is being used.

I’m a bit worried as I’ve just seen one walk across from the garden at midday (he/she left the hoghouse from the looks of the leaves). The hedgehog looks healthy, they’ve grown a lot (!) And she now appears to have found a spot right in the corner in an overgrown bit of our garden which is also in the sun. They also had fleas but we gently sprayed them with the hedgehog friendly flea stuff and the surrounding habitat. I did see her scratch a bit when she got to the corner where he/she has settled.

Shall I just keep a close eye on her? I know seeing hedgehogs out in the day is usually a bad sign.

Thanks all,
    Sarah

Nic

Hi Sarah

Sorry it has taken so long for someone to reply. I normally leave these sorts of questions to someone with more knowledge of this sort of thing, but if you are at all worried about the welfare of a hedgehog you can ring BHPS:
    ‘For advice about hedgehog welfare, injuries and illness call 01584 890801’
    They will be able to give you advice and also the number of your nearest hedgehog carer. It is not always easy to give advice on the Forum – you will be able to give someone you speak to a much fuller picture.

Good luck.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog