Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Rubber Bands

Home Forums Champions’ chat Rubber Bands

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Nic

Although it is not usually a problem in my area I did find a rubber band on my doormat a few days ago.

I telephoned our local Royal Mail sorting office to enquire whether they encourage their postmen not to drop rubber bands. I discovered that, yes they do, but would reinforce the message. It turned out, the person I spoke to had a hog box in his garden. It’s nice to know there are hog friendly people in the Royal Mail. I agreed with him that they probably don’t drop the rubber bands on purpose. I hope a bit of gentle encouragement might help them to be a little more careful, as I know it is much more of a problem in some areas.

If you have a problem with rubber bands in your area it might be worth having a quiet chat with someone at your local sorting office. You never know, you might find someone hedgehog friendly too.

Hi Nic, I hadn’t realised the dangers of these discarded rubber bands but if I see any I’ve always picked them up and recycled them as my rubber bands. I wouldn’t say it’s a big problem in my area, I don’t see many whilst out walking but thank you for the heads up. I’ll tell my friends too.

Hi Nic,

It’s nice to know that Royal Mail are hedgehog friendly. I think our posties must be aware because I haven’t seen any rubber bands on our streets for a long time now. Like Elless, if I did see any I would pick them up and reuse them, long before I knew that they were a danger to hedgehogs.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog