Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Sad sighting

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Sad sighting

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I am very sad to see the demise of 3 hedgehogs in the same spot in as many days. I’ve been lucky enough not to see any casualties in my area for years. I have 5 regulars visiting me nightly, I hope they are all still safe and well 🤞🏻

Nic

Hi Sonjadaisy

So sad to hear about the 3 dead hedgehogs. It must have been very distressing for you to find them.

You might like to enter them onto the Big Hedgehog Map https://bighedgehogmap.org/
    It helps to give a better picture of what is happening to hogs all over the country. It also is a record that those hedgehogs existed, so, I always think, a fitting tribute.

I don’t know whether you have read the posts about the new hedgehog road signs. It might be something you could look into trying to get, if they were roadkill deaths. You might be able to use data from the Big Hedgehog Map, to help make a case for one.

So lovely that you have 5 regular visitors. You might like to enter them on the Map as well. Fingers crossed they are all safe and well. If only everyone would link their gardens for the hogs. They would be much safer if they had enough habitat without having to cross roads.

Good luck to you and the hogs.

Thank you for your reply. I emailed my local MP about the signs and she’s got back to saying she was contacting the council. Fingers crossed.

Nic

Hi Sonjadaisy

Well done! That sounds promising. Fingers crossed indeed. Let us know how you get on.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog