Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Saving the hedgehog

Home Forums Champions’ chat Saving the hedgehog

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I’ve been having a word with some of the neighbours in reference to the hedgehog. They are all very sympathetic to the hedgehog and noted they had seen some of them and were quite alarmed when I told them of the dangers of slug pellets. It certainly made them think differently to combating the slugs in their gardens when I told them slugs were part of the hedgehog diet. One man told me that the other year a hedgehog turned up with her litter nesting in his outhouse on some old material for a few days before going somewhere else and have not been back since. He rather hoped he would see them again as he enjoyed feeding them and being a part of wildlife that is sadly in decline.

Nic

Keep up the good work, berty. Good to hear you have some hedgehog friendly neighbours. Hope you have been getting lots of hog visitors now and not too many cats!

Hello Nic. Cats are not presenting as much of a problem as I expected.
    And from what I can gather The hogs either come in pairs or just one at a time, judging by the food I leave out. I’m only saying that as the small amount of food sometimes does not all get eaten.
    I inspect the house every morning and this morning a twig had been moved, so whether there has been a visitor there I do not know yet but I’m monitoring it. And there has been no droppings either.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog