Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Self anointing on dog

Home Forums Hedgehog tales Self anointing on dog

Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)
  • Author

Hi Nic
    Thank you so much for those interesting facts, I’m keen to learn as much as I can about these wonderful creatures and glad to read others’ posts of various problems, behaviours and best care. Although I’ve spotted hogs in my little garden from a distance over the years I always thought of them as quite distanced secretive creatures, and it was only late last year I saw one close to my cottage door enjoying cooked pastry put out for the birds. That encouraged me to put food for them especially and I had the opportunity to see more of them as there appeared to be several arriving for snacks.
    I’ve treated myself to a wildlife camera recommended by a poster here, and have been given a lovely book (bit ancient, published 1963) Hedgehogs a Comprehensive Study by Konrad Herter. Of course more has become studied and known of hog behaviour etc since, but his theories on self anointing are of interest still and all info is useful and interesting I find.
    Happy hog year to you and all..

Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog