Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Should I be worried

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Should I be worried

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi, I have a few hedgehogs coming nightly to my garden, I leave two bowls of food and four bowls of water out for them. Last night a large hedgehog came out before dark at 10pm and had some food and water, tonight the same one came out at 9.10pm and again it was still light! Question is should I be worried? I would be very grateful for some advice thank you.

Nic

Hi Granny Edie

Personally I wouldn’t be worried too much about 9 p.m. onwards at this time of year, when the days are at their longest, as long as it doesn’t get too much earlier.

Hello,
    We have a hedgehog that has been coming in to eat and rest for the last ten days. It comes in usually around 9.30pm to 10.30pm, although tonight it was before 8.00pm. It is very lively and virtually runs directly to the food and water. After it has eaten, it always goes inside for a few hours. We never see it leave, but it must do through the night, as the following night, he’s back walking along to the food again.

Thanks for your comments! Waiting patiently on its arrival tonight! Hopefully it doesn’t come out too early, although it’s now 8.45 so I’m not too worried!

Hi Granny Eddie,

I have a family of four hedgehogs living in my garden. This week they have all been out around 9pm. The mum comes out first then the three hoglets (I think from last year as they are smaller than her but not tiny). They all seem very healthy and are completely unphased by me and my two cats.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog