Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Should I check the hedgehog house?

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog Should I check the hedgehog house?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Hello, I was walking yesterday in the park near my house and found a hedgehog that had clearly died within the last 24 hours (I suspect a dog attack). It was within the roaming distance of my garden, so i put the camera out last night to see if my resident hog was about (it is an older battery operated camera). I am reasonably confident my current resident is male, but the camera didn’t pick up any movement. I know I have had females in the garden in the last few weeks – do you think I should check the hog house in case there are babies in there, or leave well alone? My concern was that the decased hog might be be one visiting my garden, and if it was female, that there might be babies on their own – but this is all conjecture! I may be over thinking this, but was interested in your thought. Thanks in advance.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog