Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Sightings of one Hedgehog by multiple people

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Sightings of one Hedgehog by multiple people

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I want to understand the sightings map. If just one Hedgehog is reported by multiple people and marked on the sightings map, does this organisation mark it as one or more? For example, I saw a deceased hedgehog this morning and reported it by pin pointing it on the map. I saw that two other sightings were marked very close by and assume that this is more than one person reporting the one deceased hedgehog, however one person reported it as living out of the other two. How accurate are the stats?

Nic

Hi Kirsty1

You might be better off putting your question to the people who look after the Big Hedgehog Map. I imagine For general enquiries, email hedgehog@ptes.org would be the best place to enquire.

But bear in mind that where there is one hedgehog, it’s very likely there are more, so it’s possible that someone else has reported a, different, live hedgehog in the area.

Sorry to hear you found a poor dead hedgehog – not a pleasant experience – but well done for putting it on the Map. Hopefully you will see some living ones as well.

Good luck.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog