Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Silent Roar (Lion Poo!!)

Home Forums Champions’ chat Silent Roar (Lion Poo!!)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    Does anybody have any experience with using Silent Roar (pelletised Lion poop) to dissuade cats?

I’m considering it but didn’t want to put anything down with a strong smell that would put off my Hogs (when they come back this year….)

Allegedly you sprinkle a few pellets around the borders and the cat (soomehow) knows there is a REALLY big cat around and stays away.

I have used it and it does appear to work but not for very long especially if it rains. I found I had to keep refreshing it every 2/3 days and it all got rather expensive.

Ditto on Williamc response on this – I have used this – it does work, the neighbour cats certainly don’t like it, but it does need replacing quite frequently.
    I have no idea how the hogs react to Lion Poo though – you might expect that they wouldn’t be too keen on it either – alternatively they could anoint themselves with the aroma and help deter the cats at the same time!

Thank you both for responding, I might try some but put it slightly undercover so it doesn’t get washed away.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog