Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Sleep times

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Sleep times

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hello my hoggie friends!
    If I may give you a little insight to my visitors – we’ve lived in our new build for 3 years and from the beginning I was absolutely overjoyed to learn we had even 1 hedgehog. I’d never seen one in real life before! So off I quickly went to learn more about my new spikey friend. Bought a home, set up a feeding station and watched him/her visit probably once or twice a week which quickly turned into every other night as they learned that dinner was readily available. Now 3 years on, this week, I’ve learned that the home is finally being used!! However, I feel they’ve been forced to use it which I’m feeling guilty about. We HAD to have a fence put up right in front of our house which has gone right through the hogs nightly route, consequently, as I’ve seen on our cameras, the activity has increased immensely. At first I thought it was just the usual 1 visiting but to my surprise it is actually 3! Which of course is wonderful to see but because of this stupid fence, I think they’ve been trapped on one side of the fence. I noticed this morning that 1 was active around 5.30am which I think is late in the day for them? I’m concerned they are distressed about not being able to get through so causing them to stay awake later to find suitable dwellings? Of course I am feeding our 3 little bumbles every night and we will be making a hole in the fence today. Sorry for for the essay! ๐Ÿ™‚

I very much doubt they have been trapped in. I suspect they just know they can come for food and at this time of year they are trying to get as much as possible to feed up for winter.
    Don’t worry, put a hole in the fence, but don’t be suprised if they still remain

Phew, that makes me feel better. Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog