Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

slugs

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Over the past 2-3 weeks i have noticed that i do not get large (3″-4″)slugs in the hedgehog feeding house, there are one or two small (1″ long) ones but think the hedgehogs will eat them. Is it the cold weather? The hedgehogs never touched the large ones. In the morning used to find two or three in the feeding house every morning, which I relocated out of my garden

Nic

Hi Stedwomas

The hogs don’t tend to eat the really big slugs – a bit big for their little mouths! But they will tackle the smaller ones and tiny ones. But there may not be so much other food available in the wild at the moment, so that may also be a contributory factor.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog