Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Sniffing around

Home Forums Hedgehog tales Sniffing around

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

One night I was out trying to listen to see if our hedgehog would come out when all of a sudden I knocked over the packet of food. Not less than 5 minutes later the hedgehog came running out sniffing the food. What I hadn’t noticed was I spilt some food on my shoe so the hedgehog promptly began sniffing at my shoe it was the most amazing thing ever!

Nic

Hi nkg1

That’s lovely. They are in many ways cleverer than they are given credit for! If you stand very still they will come up close (they don’t have very good eye-sight). I wouldn’t want to encourage them to become too habituated to humans, though, because I don’t think it’s to their advantage. I hope you continue to enjoy having hedgehogs visiting.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog