Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

snow

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Will hedgehogs venture out in the snow to eat – last night it was almost freezing but i got two sightings on my camera at 11pm ad 3am before it started snowing – BUT he/she did no go in my hedgehog feeding house. There is lying snow – about 1″-2″ . Is it worth putting food out in case the want to feed

Hi Stedwomas, Yes you should keep up the feeding. A small amount of snow is ok for them to get about. Larger amounts however are a different story. As the Hedgehog is still active, will need access to food and water. I always keep food available in winter as sometimes they will wake up for a feed.

Nic

Hi stedwomas

I agree with William. Definitely worth continuing to leave food (and water) out. Sometimes even there is a bit more snow they can get around on top of it once it has settled and formed a kind of ‘crust’.

But if it’s the cold you’re worried about, they don’t seem too bothered about that as long as they can get enough food and water – although would probably welcome a hog house to shelter in and have a quick nap now and then.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog