Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Snuffles Update

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Snuffles Update

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Its been a while since I have posted on here just wanted to update you all. Snuffles is still doing well and continuing to visit my garden.
    Casanova the other Hedgehog has disappeared, not seen him for a few months now.
    Both Hedgehogs as mentioned above, I can confirm are male, as I have seen ones bits and bobs.
    And now for some fantastic news, I have spotted a Baby (hoglet) visiting my garden and may even use some of the nesting boxes in my garden as he or she had straw stuck to some spikes. Cant tell the sex of the hoglet yet as ones belly is too low to the ground.
    The hoglet looks extremely healthy and was tucking into earth worms last night.
    Just about to add the hoggie to the Hedgehog Map.

Nic

Hi Julie

It’s good to hear about Snuffles and very exciting about the hoglet visiting too! That also shows there are other hogs around, which is good news. Keep an eye out for any other hoglets which might appear. They sometimes do at this time of year.

Well done adding the hoglet to the Hedgehog Map.

Good luck and happy hog watching.

I have one I called Mr Snuffles, a big cute chubster. I named him that due to his snuffling noises, but it may have been due to him getting poorly. I found him out on the lawn Teo weeks ago during the day. Luckily we have a local hedgehog sanctuary five minutes walk away; the lady there said he has ringworm, lungworm and pneumonia, poor little thing. He is making a good recovery so hope to get him back. She said he is 4-5 years old so we’ll be young expend lifespan and they he is a little big boned!!

Oh well done on saving the hedgehog! Sounds like you were just in time, and hopefully he will be fully recovered and back with you soon. Keep us posted with how he’s doing.

CutePinCushion well done on saving the Hedgehog, love the name.
    Hope your Hedgehog is back in your garden soon and decides top use your garden to hibernate in.

My cheeky boy Snuffles is making his nest ready for hibernating, his back was covered in straw, whilst he was tucking into bugs and worms and was spotted coming back to his home at 7am! this morning, with not a care in the world.
    The hoglet I have nicknamed Muffin, is still doing well, tucking into worms and bugs and has also used the feeding station.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog