Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Spread the word about hedgehogs this bonfire night

Home Forums Champions’ chat Spread the word about hedgehogs this bonfire night

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Nic

Just in case anyone hasn’t read ‘News’ recently:

Check out this Hedgehog Street leaflet which you can pass around in the run up to bonfire night.

https://www.hedgehogstreet.org/spread-the-word-about-hedgehogs-this-bonfire-night/

Thank you for the link to this flyer Nic. Our local rugby club is having a ‘mega bonfire’ on Saturday 2nd – I have already contacted them about checking for hedgehogs which they say they do every year. However just to make sure I will also pass them this info. I am so worried though as being only half a mile away my hedgehogs could easily get caught up.
    I have also asked the local newspaper to print some hedgehog/bonfire awareness information. No response yet but will try and chase them this week.

Finally, as my hedgehog highway backs onto a local cycle/footpath, I may laminate and put one of these posters on my back fence. That way all the locals can have a read when walking the dog!

Nic

Hi Sam1404

That all sounds brilliant. I was really impressed with this new flyer. Contains all the information in one place. But, yes, it’s a really worrying time. I always hope the hogs have either hibernated well before, or that they leave it until after bonfire night. Otherwise there’s no way of knowing until next Spring, that they are o.k. I sometimes wonder what they make of all the bangs from the fireworks as well.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog