Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Squirrels

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 months ago by Avatar photoNic.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi All

I currently have an Hedgehog nesting in the back of my garden but have recently noticed on my nature cam that there is now a squirrel taking an interest in the area.
    Are Squirrels a problem for hedgehogs? Preditors.
    I thinking (hoping) not.

John

Nic

Hi John M

I haven’t heard of squirrels being a problem to hedgehogs although I understand they will sometimes eat small animals such as lizards, etc. Normally their paths wouldn’t cross much, hedgehogs being nocturnal and squirrels diurnal. You may have been concerned about potentially young ones in a nest, but hopefully mother hedgehog would be around most of the time.

Now that this should move up the list, maybe someone who has more experience with squirrels might spot it and make any further observations.

Fingers crossed that the squirrel just ignores the hedgehogs. Good luck.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog