Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Still busy at breakfast time?

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Still busy at breakfast time?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I spotted this year’s hedgehog foraging about in the flower border at 0850 this morning. Is that normal given sunrise was around 0430? I’m sure it was the same hedgehog that’s been regularly visiting the feeding station each night (but is different from last year’s visitor which was much larger and the jury’s out on whether or not it’s using the hedgehog house). I’m no expert, but I wonder given the hog’s smaller appearance, whether it’s a female – is that possible? It seems to have plenty of energy and is in no way lethargic. Would love to read your views/advice. Thank you. Susan

You do see hogs out and about in daylight at this time if the year. The nights are shorter and nursing mothers can go foraging at different times. The advice is that as long as they are not obviously sick or injured and are moving purposefully then they are probably ok and just need someone to monitor them and only call a rescue centre if this changes.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog