Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Still very active.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Still very active.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Getting nightly visits from a couple of late arrival hoglets that have now, i hope, put on enough to survive the winter hibernation. Also some larger ones regularly visit too. Wonder if any will stick around for the whole winter!

Nic

Hi ronnyd

You might have hogs there who decide not to hibernate, but some hogs will hibernate in December. I have twice had a hoglet who hasn’t hibernated. It was a bit of a mixed blessing, trying to ensure there was food for them, whilst at the same time trying to deal with an increase in cat and one year rat visits.

I wasn’t sure if you meant the larger ones were earlier hoglets, or adults. I’d be interested to hear if any adults don’t hibernate. I still have the one who didn’t hibernate last year, visiting – as at last night. So I’m waiting to see what she decides to do this year. Mostly, it seems to be hoglets that I hear about not hibernating.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog