Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Sudden temperature changes bad?

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog Sudden temperature changes bad?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi all!
    I am fostering 9 beautiful hedgehogs overwinter for my local rescue. They are hutched indoors in a unheated barn.
    One of the smaller hedgehogs was trying to hibernate but losing weight too quickly. The rescue felt it was best to bring her into the warmth of the house to wake her up and let her put on weight – which she has now.
    My question is… now she is ready to go back out to the barn, do I need to adjust the temperature down gradually or can she adjust to a sudden temperature change? house is about 18-19c, current outside temp at night is between 0-8c.
    Thanks Ash x

If you are able to put in an unheated but not outdoor room then that would be great but if not then wait until above zero and just put out

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog