Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

That time of year…

Home Forums Champions’ chat That time of year…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

It’s the last week of September and my local little horrors have started eating for the England 1st XI. During the summer a full plate of (dry) food would last 2-3 nights but it’s now all going in one night however much I put out. Yep, they’re trying to get fat for bedtime. It’s a good thing the do-gooders havn’t made ‘hedgehog obesity crisis” a Thing!

So, I know my feeding station (a B&Q “under bed” box”) is getting a lot of traffic right now and they’re managing to eat it all without being caught by the camera which is 6ft away and can be triggered by a hog inside the see-through box. I’ve just checked it and over the last three nights it’s only picked up two visits so they have clearly perfected their Cloaking Device this summer.

All ready for frenzied nest building in the next month or so I have replenished the piles of hay near the hog bungalows (in the much sought after area of the corner of a delightful garden laid mostly to lawn with well stocked borders)(viewing is a must) and also placed some piles of leaves as well. Plenty to choose from but if prior experience is anything to go by they will simply demolish the neat piles and throw it around to make an unholy mess.

One of the bungalows has a current resident but the other is now available through the vendors’ sole agent, Boris the Big Hog, with viewings by appointment only. No pets.

great narrative. I put a camera in the feeding station and they still manage to sneak in without activating it. I have one doing a lot of nest building in the hog house in our garden at the moment. This little clip made me laugh, having not posted video before I am hoping the link works!

https://youtu.be/qe2lTQKNT2w

That’s really sweet,

seems to know exactly what furnishings are preferred and I love that you have this one carrying the bedding in true hog determined style!

Nic

Very determined hog, Lynn! Even it if was, just a little, over ambitious!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog