Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

The invasion begins….

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings The invasion begins….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Batten down the hatches and man the watchtowers, the 2019 invasion of radicalised hedgehogs began last night with the first of the year…
    https://twitter.com/4thslip/status/1096707852520116224

They are coming people so lock up your women and children and prepare for battle!

Yay!!!! I thought mine has stirred following the removal of the hydrangea flowerhead ‘doorstop’ but there has been no hog action for the past two nights – maybe mine have decided to wait it out for another week or so! So jealous!!

My feeding-stations (in Rainham, Kent) have been emptied the last 5 nights or so, but no activity in or out of the hog-houses yet.

Last night’s trail-cam of one of the feeding stations was fogged, just the spooky sight of a couple of eyes moving about and the odd glimpse of a hedgehog shape, with just one reasonable shot of a visiting hog, so unable to tell if I’ve multiple visitors.

although I am now feeding a mouse – and probably his friends!!!

Hedgehog seen last night and tonight – fab to see him/her as I thought maybe too small to get through the winter (if the same one) Hope to see more hedgehogs in the garden this year as there were about 10 here a couple of years ago.

Have had a hedgehog (male) come in for two nights in a row. 3-4 weeks later than normal for me. Good to see him though.

Willpar.

Still just the one here who lives in No.2 Hedgehog Close in the corner. He poo’d in his own food on Thursday so we’re obviously getting back to normal behaviour and just expecting me to clean it all out. To get my own back I moved the feeding station so I have no doubt he’s poo’d in it again and so begins the annual battle of wits.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog