Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

the return at last

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings the return at last

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

about a month ago tragedy struck when a badger ate one of my hogs. since then my garden has been empty of wildlife at night. that was until last night when one hedgehog returned and ate and drank in my feeding station. i am so pleased, i was beginning to think maybe said badger had decimated the population.

Nic

Hi AnnJazz

Pleased for you that a hog has returned. Hopefully that badger has moved on elsewhere. The problem is that when their setts are disturbed, for whatever reason, it can cause the badgers to disburse to other areas. Not good news for the hogs – better that the badgers stay where they are than that they are roaming around trying to find somewhere new to live.

But when badgers are around and hogs disappear it doesn’t necessarily mean that the hogs have all been eaten. Hogs tend to move out of areas where badgers are present. So if that badger has moved on, the hog population may return. Fingers crossed. Don’t worry too much if the hog disappears again – it may hibernate soon.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog