Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

They’re back!

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings They’re back!

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Avatar photoNic.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

A few nights ago I put fresh water and food out into the hedgehog feeding stations. I put my night cam out a couple of nights ago with no activity and again the next night and nothing. This morning, however, I checked and have had quite a few visits between 1am and 4am. I have 2 hedgehog houses but I think they’re both empty, so my visitors must be from other hidey holes in the garden or other gardens. I’m hoping they will use the houses because we’re in for another cold snap with the weather soon. Great to see them back and looking healthy.

Nic

Hi Boop

Great news about the hog activity. Don’t worry about the hog houses, sometimes they don’t use them until they have got used to them being there. Try leaving a pile of nesting materials nearby and just put a very small amount in, just to give them the idea. Most hogs seem to like making their own nests and some have even been known to empty out material a human has kindly put into the hog houses for them!

Good luck. Hope you get a tenant soon. Happy hog watching!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog