Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Think Mums Hibernating

Home Forums Champions’ chat Think Mums Hibernating

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Haven’t seem mum about for a couple of nights but the camera caught her going into one of the houses a couple of mornings ago so I hope she is hibernating, babies are still about every night. Will they be alright without mum.
    As my previous post, I checked the weight of one of them the other night and it was 650g I’ve sort of compared the two babies on the video and they are round about the same size, perhaps the other one I didn’t weigh is slightly smaller but it is only very slight.
    The fireworks have spooked one of them tonight, I haven’t seen the other one but the video may have captured them both in the feeding station. The babies are still sharing a house at the moment, not showing any interest in the new house looks like they prefer to share.

Nic

Hi Jackietb

Yes, don’t worry, Mother hogs usually seem to go off to hibernate before the youngsters and that one will be plenty big enough to look after itself. The youngsters might stay together for a while, but the other box might come in handy if one decides it’s had enough of sharing!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog